The Innovate Europe Design Contest is open to all students satisfying both requirements below:
- Enrolled in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or Computer Engineering , and
- Enrolled in B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science), B. Eng (Bachelor Engineering), M.Sc. (Master of Science), M. Eng (Master Engineering) or Ph.D. (Doctor of Philosophy)
- Participants may work alone or in teams of 2 to 4 members
- Participants must be supervised by a teacher,.
- Several participants or teams from the same school may participate.
- No entry fees are involved.
Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
- Internet of Things (objects, gateways / network, security features,...)
- High Performance Computing (Software acceleration with FPGAs)
- Machine Learning (Neural Networks applications with FPGAs)
- Digital Design
- Best Undergraduate team project
- 1 drone for each member of the winning teams
Altera will donate one development board per team as follows:
- DE10-Lite board
- DE1-SoC board
- DE0-Nano-SoC board
- Altera may decide to donate additional expansion board(s) to support a team’s objectives ( depending upon the nature of the project ), such as:
- ADC/DAC board, Camera board, …
- Altera will provide each participant with free software and all necessary Altera Intellectual Property (IP):
- Quartus II CAD Tools, Altera Monitor Program ( AMP ) software development environment for the ARM A9 Embedded Processor in the Cyclone V SoC device, Altera Nios II Embedded Processor development environment, Altera SDK for OpenCL, …
- Registration is open from November 1, 2016 to April 30, 2017
- If registration is successful, participants should receive a confirmation email containing your team ID.
- Once an initial selection is made, participants will be given a set of FTP username/password to login to the FTP (ftp://upload.innovateeurope.org/) to submit papers, designs, videos, etc.
- Participants and authors should submit papers (20 pages maximum) to the FTP space (ftp://upload.innovateeurope.org/) by 6/15/2017.
- The upload of a video is mandatory.
- Participants should upload project videos and source code ( if necessary ) to the FTP space (ftp://upload.innovateeurope.org/) by 6/15/2017.
- Videos should not exceed 100MB.
- Video file format should be of mp4 format, and should be at least 480p in quality.
- Video filenames should include team ID and team name.
Board of Judges
- Judges will consist of experts from Altera, Terasic and CNFM.
Criteria for Judging
- The following is a brief listing of criteria that will be used to evaluate projects. This list should help participants understand the type of factors that judges take into accounts. The project which has gained the highest scores will win the first prize.
- Design Concept
- Complexity ( score: 5~0 )
- Functionality ( score: 5~0 )
- Design Implementation ( score: 5~0 )
- Integrity of Documentation ( score: 5~0 )